United Methodist Church San Saba celebrated our 150th year of
service to the area in 2006. Organized in 1856 in an area so
wild that the Church gave a missionary a $50.00 revolver and
a $125.00 horse. Today the church enjoys the distinction of
being the only all marble Methodist Church in the United States.
The present structure was constructed between 1914 and 1917.
The church is also listed as an official United Methodist Historic
Site (No. 193) as well as being a Texas Historical Site.
The Church is known for its beautiful stained glass, magnificent
architecture and welcoming members.